Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I've been MIA..

I didn't get a chance to finish my Europe posts (which I will today) because life got quite crazy. I was doing a lot of running around these past few weeks and being the biggest Lady of Leisure because I finally got a new job! After finishing my contract at work in October 2011, I've pretty much been unemployed since (I had some stints at call centres and shitty jobs, but nothing important or serious) and I begin on July the 9th. I'm nervous and excited about this, but especially nervous because I'll be way out of my comfort zone. Since finding out the news Sam and I have started looking at display homes to get an idea of how much we have to save and what kind of houses are out there. The first house we walked into, I fell in love with. It was the Sierra by Simonds builders.

I found this video on their website, but it doesn't do it justice. The display home we saw was exactly what I want and thinking very much ahead in time, I could see Sam and I having kids in this house and them running around causing a rukkus. The flow of the house was so beautiful, I cant get it out of my head. We were in for a rude surprise when we found out the price though. The house itself is something like $160,000 with the inclusions we want, but the block of land is a whole other story... The land in the cheaper area is $240,000 and in the area we want, small blocks of land begin at $300,000. That's the part that burns me on the inside the most. With that money I could build 2 houses!! My mum came with us when we were chatting to the land  agent and she almost flipped her shit when she heard how much it cost. In 1994 my parents paid $56,000 for their block of land. I mean, I understand inflation with the changing economy, but JESUS CHRIST! Even though this price is a massive punch in the gut, we're still going to have to save as much as we possibly can to get this started, even if it takes a number of years. But in doing that, I really hope that I'll still be able to go and do my hairdressing course, but judging by the cost and technicalities of that, I don't think it will be possible for another few years (Knowing this has actually brought my mood so far down).

BUT ANYWAY, HAPPY THINGS!
Here's what you missed on Glee...
I've been wearing the crap out of this outfit because I've gotten rid of all my larger clothes and its pretty much all I have left.
My drink matched my phone!

Kitengi has found her new hiding spot.
New fave winter outfit. (Leather jacket - Target, Dress - Glassons, Scarf - Princess Highway, Boots - Autograph)
Me and my best friend everrrr after she got tattooed by the amazing babe Natalie @ Lightning Ink in Coburg
My best friend(sssss!) in front of the #famousselfiemirror (check the tag on instagram, hey!)
Hair kit cleansing
Perfecting the art of hair curling with velcro rollers
Perfecting the art of fake lash application.
OH! and I got my angelbites re-pierced!
Current fave badges.

Whatever I missed, I'll be sure to update on, but for now I'm off to finish these Europe posts!





No comments:

Post a Comment