Sunday, March 25, 2012

Vitality's Hair Color Plus Pink Dye Review

At the beginning of the year I did an image overhaul and changed my hair completely. I had been waiting patiently for a chance to dye my hair an unnatural colour again and the chance finally presented itself when I began searching for hairdressing apprenticeships. Since then I have been testing different brands and colours and trying to find something fabulous. Right now I'm on the search for the perfect pink, so I decided to give Vitality's Hair Color Plus a shot. It was $18.95 AUD for the small bottle.


I had almost completely washed out the previous pink dye I had in my hair, so before I put the Vitality colour in, it was a bit of an apricot blonde. Even though my hair is short, it is ridiculously thick and would take 2 packets of supermarket hair dye to cover it all, so I was nervous that I would run out of this dye half way.


I nearly peed my pants when I saw how gorgeous the colour was in the bowl! It was a really runny consistancy which i usually dont like, but the runnyness seemed to work well while I was applying it to my hair and allowed it to spread a lot easier.


This was my wet hair after shampooing twice. When I washed the dye out my hair was a very bright fuchsia, not just a 'hot pink' like most plain pink dyes. On the bottle it reccomends not to shampoo the hair after colouring, but since I wanted a more dulled out fuschia/fairyfloss colour I rinsed my hair and shampooed it twice. After drying it looked like this.

I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out even after shampooing and I'm even more pleased with how long its lasted. I've since washed my hair a few times more and the colour is still remaining a gorgeous fairyfloss pink. One of my mums friends came over who hasn't seen me in a while and literally called it fairyfloss hair haha
I surprisingly don't have a criticism for this dye at all. It was fabulous and I cant wait to try out all the colours that they have on offer!

From what I know, you can only buy these dyes in speciality hair supply stores and not in shopping centres, so they're not exactly easily accessible if you run out and need to re do your hair quickly, but when you find them, stock up!



5 comments:

  1. That's such a great colour!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sell these at Hairhouse Warehouse, in their online store too for $16.95

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used the red and it lasted 6 weeks (before I changed my colour completely) and could have easily gone another week or so before needing to be redyed. It is THE BEST hair dye I have ever used!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am someone who has been dying to dye my hair (hehe get it dying to dye :P) but I want it to be temporary and a color similar to yours. I have bought the exact same bottle as you, but I have a question. I have blonde hair but it is not really light its more goldish and I do not want to bleach it. Is that okay? And how long does it last?

    ReplyDelete